The Goshen Market Foundation is a Federal IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.
Since its founding in 1997, the Land of Goshen Community Market has become a vibrant site of activity where Edwardsvillians have access to local produce and children learn about specialty crops. Edwardsville’s downtown has witnessed a significant revitalization, in no small part, due to Market Saturdays that bring shoppers from across the region to visit with their neighbors, enjoy the local community, and make the businesses on main street bustle.
The Goshen Market Foundation is a way for us to give back to the region not just within but beyond Edwardsville. Our programming will include:
- Helping to sustain and grow the Land of Goshen Community Market
- The weekly donation of fresh produce to local food banks
- Matching money for EBT transactions at the market
- Public cooking demonstrations and/or classes
- Activities and outreach for children, including “chefs in schools” programming
- Market on-wheels programming for low-income areas and seniors
- The development of a food hub where vendors can bring produce for weekly sales and have access to an inspected, commercial kitchen
- Community gardens