The Land of Goshen Community Market is an organization founded to pursue the following goals:
- To enhance the quality of life in the Edwardsville area by providing a community activity which fosters social gathering and interaction.
- To restore a sense of spirit and enthusiasm for Downtown and the downtown merchants.
- To preserve Edwardsville’s unique agricultural heritage and the historical role which farmers have played in it.
- To give local growers and producers of agricultural commodities, local artisans and craftsmen alternative marketing opportunities.
- To promote the sale of locally grown farm products.
- To promote the sale of local art.
- To provide an educational forum for consumers to learn the uses and benefits of quality, locally grown and prepared foods and products.
- To provide an educational forum for consumers to learn about the history and heritage of the area as well as the present.
- To provide educational opportunities for producers to test and refine their products and marketing skills.